The Drawing will be on October 17, 2018 at General Membership Meeting
THE CWA LOCAL 4100 MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
JIM CRIBBIS & KEVIN JAMES
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP:
There will be four $500.00 scholarships awarded annually.
The scholarship fund will be administered by the Education Committee and the Local officers will serve in the advisory capacity.
To be eligible for a Local 4100 scholarship award you must meet the following requirements:
The applicant must be either:
1. A retiree of CWA Local 4100.
2. The husband, wife or dependent son or daughter or other legal dependent of an active member of CWA Local 4100.
3. The husband, wife or dependent son or daughter or other legal dependent of a retiree of CWA Local 4100.
4. The husband, wife or dependent son or daughter or other legal dependent of a deceased member of CWA Local 4100.
MEMBER FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP MEANS:
1. Active members in good standing at the time the application is being submitted.
2. Retirees in good standing at the time of their retirement.
3. Deceased members in good standing at the time of their death.
THE APPLICANT MUST ALSO BE EITHER:
1. A full or part-time student of an accredited college, university, community college, private institute or trade school.
2. Part-time students cost must be equivalent to at least 1/2 of the scholarship amount. It is payable in two(2) installments for the school year.
3. A high school student or graduate who can show proof of acceptance at an accredited institution of higher learning.
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION: Colleges, universities, community college, private institute or trade schools qualify as educational institutions. Said institutions must be accredited with a state, federal or recognized educational accredited agency.
METHOD OF SELECTION: A random drawing from a pool of eligible applicants for the four yearly scholarships shall be held at a regularly scheduled membership meeting. Runner-ups shall be selected in the event the winners fail to qualify.
PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT: The applicant awarded the scholarship has the burden of proving to the Local Committee that said applicant is accepted and enrolled at an accredited educational institution. The Committee has full power to construe the provisions of this plan. If the Committee is satisfied that the winner meets the criteria of this plan, the Committee shall direct the Secretary-Treasurer to issue a check or draft to the winning member acknowledging payment of scholarship award.
If a member has already paid tuition to the institution upon receiving proof of payment from the institution, the Secretary-Treasurer is to issue a check or draft to the winning member. If a member has not paid tuition to the institution proof of enrollment must be provided to the Committee. Upon receipt of said proof, the Committee shall direct the Secretary-Treasurer to issue a check or draft payable to the member and institution.
APPLICATION DATES: Dates for 2018 to be announced at a later date.